Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at GetBlend, formerly known as One Hour Translation (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us here.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What information do we collect?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
- COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
- SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES, AD NETWORKS, AND DO NOT TRACK
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
- INFORMATION FROM MINORS
- YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
- DATA CONTROLLER/PROCESSOR
- RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make, and the Services, products, and features you use. Specifically, we collect the following information by the following means. When we talk about “Personal Information” in this privacy notice, we mean all of the information collected by us as detailed below, as long as this information is by itself or with other data or information we possess to identify you or any other individual.
Personal information you disclose to us
The short story: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, and contact information, including country of residence and company name, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when:
- Registering on the Sites as a customer or freelancer
- You contact sales and express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services
- When you interact with our customer support
- When participating in activities on the Sites such as posting messages in our online forums or otherwise contacting us, including in the open text boxes in our online forms
- When you share with us text and documents to be translated.
Personal information you disclose to us includes the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, company name, industry, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as the last 4 digits of your payment instrument number and billing address. Other than that, all other payment data is stored by our payment and payout processors PayPal, Adyen, and Payoneer, and you should review their privacy policies found here:
Text and Documents you share with us to be processed for the provisions of our services and products – may contain all forms of personal information including, legal, health, and personal financial information.
If you are a part of our freelancer community, the personal information we collect about you may include the following:
- Photo and Photo ID
- CV and References to previous translation work
- Professional certificates
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
You also represent and warrant to us that you have the full right and authority and have received all necessary consent and approvals (in such cases were such consent and approvals are required) to share with us all such personal information.
Please also note that with regard to any text and documents you share with us in order to be processed for the provisions of our service and products you are the data controller of this information and we will process this information solely on your behalf and according to your instructions.
Information automatically collected
The short story: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Personal information we automatically collect does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include the following:
- Device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, and device name.
- Country, location, information about how and when you use our Site, and other technical information.
Information collected from other Sources
The short story: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn), as well as from other third parties.
Examples of the information we receive from other sources include:
- Social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL, and any other information that you choose to make public);
- Marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
The short story: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate and operate the Sites, provide you with our Services and products, and fulfill and manage your orders – For Contractual and Business Reasons. This will include authenticating you to provide access to the Services and the Sites, providing you with assistance and support.
- To send administrative information to you – for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons, and Contractual Reasons. We may use your personal information to send you product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications – with your Consent. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time (see “Your Privacy Rights” below).
- To post testimonials with your Consent. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Request Feedback for our Business Purposes and/or with your Consent. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications, with your consent we may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user’s consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies – for Legal and Contractual Reasons and Business Reasons.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm, for Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, Services, marketing, and your experience.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION?
The short story: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill our contract and legal obligation to you or other business obligations.
We only share and disclose your information in the following situations:
- With your Consent. We may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests and Legal Rights. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Partners, Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. These Service Providers may have access to your personal information, depending on each of their specific roles and purposes, and may only use it for such limited purposes as determined in our agreements with them.
- Please see below our current list of affiliates,Business Partners, Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers:
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the Sites) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Site, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Sites and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Sites, and view your profile.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our Sites.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES, AD NETWORKS, AND DO NOT TRACK
The short story: Our Sites include certain Social Media features. These Social Media Features may collect certain Personal Information. Your interactions with these third parties’ social media Features are governed by their policies,not ours.
Due to lack of standardization, currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests.
Our Services include certain Social Media features, widgets, such as the “Facebook Like” or “Share this” button or other interactive mini-programs (“Social Media Features”). These Social Media Features may collect certain Personal Information such as your IP address or which page you are visiting on our Sites and may set a cookie to enable them to function properly. Social Media Features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Sites and Services. Your interactions with these third parties’ Social Media Features are governed by their policies, not ours.
You can manage your preferences for many of these advertising programs through the links provided below:
The short story: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the USA. Please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “Disclosure of Your Information” above), in the USA and Israel.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area, please be advised that all transfers to Israel are based on Adequacy Decision and all transfers to the USA are based on European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses – The European Commission has determined that the Standard Contractual Clauses provide sufficient safeguards to protect the personal data transferred outside the EU or EEA. For more information, please visit https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/international-dimension-data-protection/standard-contractual-clauses-scc_en. All such transfer based on Standard Contractual Clauses require all such recipients to protect personal information that they process from the EEA in accordance with European data protection laws. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards with our third-party service providers and partners and further details can be provided upon request.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
The short story: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our Sites.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
The short story: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. We are also ISO/ICE 27001:2013 certified, which is the leading global standard for information security. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
INFORMATION FROM MINORS
The short story: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM?
The short story: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are a resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using this online form
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. You can also opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Sites.
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
DATA CONTROLLER/PROCESSOR and DATA PROCESSING AGREEMENTS
The short story: We are the controller of some of your personal information; we are the processor of any personal information processed on your behalf.
We are the “Data Controller” of all personal information not specifically excluded below. In such instances, our service providers processing such data will assume the role of “Data Processor”.
If you upload or submit information / data or other content to our Sites or through our Services and products which includes personal information (e.g., by uploading translation materials), such data will only be processed by us on behalf of you. In such instances, you shall be deemed the “Data Controller” of such data or information, and we will process such information on your behalf, as your “Data Processor”, in accordance with your reasonable instructions and Data Protection Agreement, subject to our Terms and Conditions, our Data Processing Agreement with such Customer (to the extent applicable), and other commercial agreements. Our Service Providers shall act as designated Sub-Processors in these instances.
You will be responsible for meeting any legal requirements applicable to Data Controllers (such as establishing a legal basis for processing and responding to Data Subject Rights requests concerning the data they control).
If applicable, you can find our Data Processing Agreement here, and if you require a signed copy please contact us.
RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The short story: If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
We do not sell your personal information for the intents and purposes of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
The short story: We will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, contact us here or by e-mail to [email protected].