A translator is a person who helps to reproduce your work in various desired languages. The translation is necessary in today’s world if you want to reach out to the entire world with your work. For that, you need translators. You can either work as a translator in an already running translation agency or you can also work as a freelance online translator if you wish to do so.
For becoming a translator, you must be good at your expression, you must have a decent amount of knowledge of a decent number of languages, you must be able to derive meaningful expressions from one language to another and the most important thing is, you must be able to direct the right message from one language to another. For applying for the job of a translator, you must have an effective resume to be posted on the job hunting websites translation. The resume of a translator must be strong on the following points.
- The translator must have a good command on at least 10 different languages. This is the least limit, as when you become a translator officially, you are required to tackle loads of translation work on a daily basis. This work can really not be completed if you will have to consult translation tools for every other word’s meaning. The knowledge must be in your mind if the work has to be fast and instant.
- The translator must have some translating experience before and he or she must attach samples of his or her work along with the resume. The resume or the curriculum vitae must be straightforward and the experience must be highlighted in bold terms as this business needs experienced employees. If you have been good at your earlier job, your chances of getting the job increase u.
- A translator must have a good understanding of languages and basic intellect as the translation business is very creative and requires deep understanding. word-to-word translation can be done by online free translation tools also but a translator must be able to deliver the right message to the right people with his or her understanding.
- A translator must not fill a large boastful amount in the expected salary column as the translation business has comparatively less money for its employees though it generates very good revenue for translation agency owners. Thus, this profession may not be good on monetary terms but is a personality developing and creative field for the creative satisfaction of people.
- One last point to be considered by the translators is that everything in their curriculum vitae or resume should be short and precise. Long, vague statements may give a bad impression about your expression of language. You must be able to say whatever you want to, bang on target. That implies that you know what you want and what you have to deliver at the job.
With all these points in mind, a translator’s resume would be interesting enough to fetch him or her good job.